The Australian Alliance of Associations in Education (AAAE) is a fully constituted body with the representational status to speak on behalf of its membership on matters of education importance. It is governed by a Board comprising seven elected Directors from among the member associations.
The AAAE currently consists of 24 national professional teacher associations and growing.
The AAAE has entered the current national education scene with the specific purpose of speaking on behalf of the thousands of teachers across Australia represented by these associations.
With current developments in the Australian educational scene involving the review of the Australian Curriculum by the Federal Government, it is very opportune that the AAAE is positioned to play an important role in ensuring its members are heard and listened to as important representative bodies of teachers across Australia.
As an ‘umbrella’ body for national professional teacher associations, the AAAE looks forward to making a unique and invaluable contribution to the education landscape in Australia.
AAAE Brochure. Click here to view and download a copy of the ‘All About the AAAE’ brochure.
Members’ Forum Meetings
- The Members’ Forum is a gathering of delegates from each of the Member Associations of AAAE.
- The Members’ Forum meets at least three (3) times per calendar year, inclusive of the Annual General Meeting.
- The Members’ Forum advises, assists and works with the Board of Directors to:
- develop policy recommendations
- provide a channel of communication between the AAAE and the wider professional community, and promoting a positive image of the AAAE to the general public
- provide a source for the AAAE to seek and receive advice related to curriculum development and the profession
- find opportunities to obtain the relevant information to meet the requirements of its objectives.
- The AAAE Board of Directors is made of up of eight (8) Directors comprising the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Immediate Past President* and three (3) Member Directors.
- The Board Directors is elected from delegates attending the Members’ Forum and sit for a term of two (2) years with no Director holding office for more than three (3) consecutive terms.
- The Board may appoint from time to time any eligible member or delegate to fill a casual vacancy until the next Annual General Meeting.